Poor feel with Schwab

Take a question well-nigh your personal investments? No thing how simple or complex, y'all can enquire it here.

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Poor experience with Schwab

Post by strafe »

From time to fourth dimension, I see posts on this forum of complaints nigh Vanguard client service. My feel with Vanguard has been great. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been cleaved for many weeks. The website always shows a message "This arrangement is temporarily unavailable. Please try once more subsequently. For urgent trade-related matters, please call u.s. at 800-435-4000." I discover information technology to believe that they tin't set up their website.

I have tried calling customer support simply the hold times are always excessive (>10 min). Online chat back up was no use and directed me to call the telephone support. There is no option to schedule a phone telephone call.

Based on my feel I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

UPDATE/RESOLUTION: I spent about 45 min on the telephone with Schwab and was passed effectually to iii different departments. The third representative immediately diagnosed the trouble and informed me this was a "known issue" for my account type (view-but access for a family member) caused by a software failure in Schwab'south organization with no definite timeframe for repair. The solution was to have the out-of-state family unit member and me complete a paper form and fax information technology in. Appreciate the handful of posters who provided thoughtful advice.

Last edited by strafe on Sat May 22, 2021 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

jarjarM
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 i:21 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Mail service by jarjarM »

I take not accept any issues with Schwab webpage or mobile app. That's interesting. As for customer service, all brokerage firms are having issues with call in and chats due to essentially higher volume of asking.

Marseille07
Posts: 9197
Joined: Fri November 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Postal service by Marseille07 »

jarjarM wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 pm I take non have any issues with Schwab webpage or mobile app. That's interesting. As for customer service, all brokerage firms are having problems with call in and chats due to substantially higher volume of request.

They continue challenge high volume for a while, simply I also feel they accept had a year to bargain with it. Information technology'south office of the cost of doing business concern.

85% US + FM + RSU | 15% Cash

AZAttorney11
Posts: 866
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post by AZAttorney11 »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 seven:47 pm From time to fourth dimension, I see posts on this forum of complaints about Vanguard client service. My experience with Vanguard has been great. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been broken for many weeks. The website ever shows a message "This arrangement is temporarily unavailable. Please try once more later. For urgent trade-related matters, delight phone call us at 800-435-4000." I find it to believe that they can't set their website.

I have tried calling customer support but the hold times are always excessive (>10 min). Online conversation support was no apply and directed me to phone call the phone support. There is no choice to schedule a telephone phone call.

Based on my feel I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

The good news is Vanguard doesn't offer online chat or scheduled phone calls, and so you lot won't be disappointed with them.

I'm surprised you've had bug accessing Schwab for "many weeks." Seems to be an outlier.

Makefile
Posts: 1681
Joined: Friday Apr 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post past Makefile »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm From time to time, I see posts on this forum of complaints about Vanguard customer service. My experience with Vanguard has been great. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been cleaved for many weeks. The website e'er shows a bulletin "This organization is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. For urgent trade-related matters, please call united states at 800-435-4000." I find it to believe that they tin can't set their website.

I have tried calling client support but the hold times are always excessive (>ten min). Online chat back up was no use and directed me to call the phone support. There is no pick to schedule a telephone telephone call.

Based on my experience I would recommend fugitive Schwab.

Endeavor clearing all schwab.com-related cookies

MishkaWorries
Posts: 1175
Joined: Midweek Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post past MishkaWorries »

I oasis't had whatever issues logging onto Schwab all calendar week. Maybe clear your cookies and restart your estimator.

10 minute hold fourth dimension is excessive? I noticed this week they've taken downward the banner saying concur times are longer than expected. It seems Schwab has addressed the consequence of long hold times for CSR.

Nosotros plan. G-d laughs.

NancyABQ
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Aug eighteen, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail past NancyABQ »

MishkaWorries wrote: ↑Midweek Mar ten, 2021 8:00 pm I oasis't had whatsoever problems logging onto Schwab all week. Mayhap clear your cookies and restart your estimator..

Aforementioned. I log in basically every day, and the website has been fine. Clear cookies, restart browser, restart computer, effort a dissimilar browser, etc.

User avatar

Peter Foley
Posts: 5402
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:34 am
Location: Lake Wobegon

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by Peter Foley »

I accept used Schwab for investing and nib paying without any issues.

Here in the Twin Cities many local Schwab reps are working from home, not in the part. So contacting the local office doesn't work very well. I have the business concern card for my rep so I can telephone call that number straight.

User avatar

Wiggums
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 viii:02 am

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Postal service past Wiggums »

Have y'all tried a different browser?

Investors demand to be better informed nearly the costs they pay. "High fund fees can exist hazardous to your wealth in the same way that high calories tin can be chancy for your health."

AlohaJoe
Posts: 6413
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 ii:00 pm
Location: Saigon, Vietnam

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail by AlohaJoe »

Marseille07 wrote: ↑Wednesday Mar x, 2021 7:52 pm They keep challenge loftier book for a while, but I also experience they accept had a yr to deal with it. It'due south part of the cost of doing business.

I know what you mean (and it isn't simply Schwab). Yesterday I called customer support for ii different groups and both of them claimed they are "currently" experiencing high phone call volume. On a Wed at 11am, a notoriously high-volume time :? ... I was over 10 minute wait. The other was over xxx minute wait.

Like you lot said, it has been a year for all these groups to deal with information technology. :(

User avatar

ResearchMed
Posts: 13686
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail by ResearchMed »

I log onto the Sdhwab website, and our accounts, very regularly, in pert to double check that all is as it should be, but specially because I utilise their mutual fund research.

I haven't had any difficulties getting on, during the trading twenty-four hour period or after hours.

OP= could there be some setting on your computer that is interfering?
You lot have not been able to become on fifty-fifty in one case recently?

As for client service, fortunately, we oasis't had much need for it recently.

RM

This signature is a placebo. Y'all are in the command grouping.

User avatar

Nate79
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by Nate79 »

strafe wrote: ↑Wednesday Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm From time to fourth dimension, I run into posts on this forum of complaints virtually Vanguard customer service. My experience with Vanguard has been corking. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been broken for many weeks. The website e'er shows a message "This arrangement is temporarily unavailable. Please endeavour once again afterward. For urgent trade-related matters, please call u.s. at 800-435-4000." I find it to believe that they tin can't prepare their website.

I have tried calling client back up but the hold times are e'er excessive (>10 min). Online chat support was no use and directed me to phone call the phone support. There is no selection to schedule a phone call.

Based on my experience I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

Unfortunately information technology sounds like the trouble is on your end. I advise you right the title of your thread.

Topic Author

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sabbatum Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by strafe »

Nate79 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 pm

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm From fourth dimension to fourth dimension, I come across posts on this forum of complaints about Vanguard client service. My experience with Vanguard has been great. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been broken for many weeks. The website e'er shows a message "This organization is temporarily unavailable. Delight try again later. For urgent merchandise-related matters, please call us at 800-435-4000." I find it to believe that they can't fix their website.

I have tried calling client support simply the concur times are e'er excessive (>ten min). Online chat support was no employ and directed me to call the telephone back up. There is no option to schedule a phone call.

Based on my experience I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

Unfortunately it sounds similar the problem is on your terminate. I suggest y'all correct the championship of your thread.

Multiple computers, multiple browsers.
Cheers for the snide advice.
The problem is with Schwab

Topic Author

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Saturday Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by strafe »

Makefile wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 viii:00 pm

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar ten, 2021 7:47 pm From time to time, I see posts on this forum of complaints about Vanguard customer service. My experience with Vanguard has been great. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been cleaved for many weeks. The website always shows a message "This system is temporarily unavailable. Please try once again subsequently. For urgent trade-related matters, please call us at 800-435-4000." I detect it to believe that they can't gear up their website.

I have tried calling customer support but the hold times are e'er excessive (>10 min). Online chat support was no use and directed me to phone call the phone support. There is no option to schedule a phone phone call.

Based on my experience I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

Attempt clearing all schwab.com-related cookies

Tried didn't piece of work

Topic Author

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post past strafe »

MishkaWorries wrote: ↑Midweek Mar 10, 2021 viii:00 pm I haven't had whatever problems logging onto Schwab all calendar week. Perchance clear your cookies and restart your computer.

10 minute hold time is excessive? I noticed this week they've taken down the imprint saying hold times are longer than expected. It seems Schwab has addressed the issue of long hold times for CSR.

Yes, 10min hold is excessive. I am not retired.

inverter
Posts: 718
Joined: Monday Jul 27, 2015 1:xl pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post by inverter »

Your account is likely blocked/locked out on Schwab.com, which is just a trouble you would feel. There are a number of legitimate reasons why they would do that.

Last edited by inverter on Wed Mar 10, 2021 viii:51 pm, edited 1 fourth dimension in total.

UpperNwGuy
Posts: 7916
Joined: Dominicus Oct 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Mail service by UpperNwGuy »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm From time to fourth dimension, I run across posts on this forum of complaints nearly Vanguard customer service. My experience with Vanguard has been corking. I wanted to share my poor experience with Schwab.

The Schwab website login has been broken for many weeks. The website always shows a message "This system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. For urgent trade-related matters, please telephone call us at 800-435-4000." I find information technology to believe that they can't fix their website.

I have tried calling client support simply the concord times are always excessive (>10 min). Online chat support was no use and directed me to call the phone support. At that place is no option to schedule a telephone call.

Based on my experience I would recommend avoiding Schwab.

Something is definitely wrong with your computer or internet connectedness because I have had no problem logging into my Schwab accounts over the final several weeks. The trouble appears to exist on your end.

Topic Author

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by strafe »

Trouble is not with my figurer.
Based on replies, I will entertain the possibility there is an idiosyncratic issue on Schwab's end with my account registration. If that is the instance 1) Schwab customer service should be responsive to my inquiries and 2) website should not (falsely) claim in that location is a technical error.
Take never had an issue with other brokerages.

User avatar

Craven lady
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue December 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail service by Chicken lady »

I just checked the Schwab customer back up site. Since this has apparently been going on for weeks and every computer to which you have admission is afflicted, why don't you lot just send them a letter of the alphabet requesting assistance?

User avatar

neurosphere
Posts: 4602
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Postal service by neurosphere »

inverter wrote: ↑Wed Mar ten, 2021 viii:51 pm Your business relationship is likely blocked/locked out on Schwab.com, which is but a trouble yous would experience. There are a number of legitimate reasons why they would do that.

What'south not clear is whether the OP can't GET to schwab or gets to schwab and the mistake bulletin is AFTER trying their credentials. I suspect the latter, and it's something to clarify.

I agree that a locked account could account for that bulletin.

If you accept to ask "Is a Target Appointment fund correct for me?", the answer is "Aye" (fifty-fifty in taxable accounts).

UpperNwGuy
Posts: 7916
Joined: Dominicus October 08, 2017 7:xvi pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Mail service by UpperNwGuy »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar ten, 2021 8:53 pm Trouble is not with my computer.
Based on replies, I will entertain the possibility there is an idiosyncratic event on Schwab's stop with my business relationship registration. If that is the case 1) Schwab customer service should exist responsive to my inquiries and 2) website should not (falsely) merits there is a technical error.
Have never had an upshot with other brokerages.

In that case, you need to control your impatience and wait out the greater than x minutes hold time and talk to Schwab near what problem may exist and why they're treating your login differently from other users.

Topic Author

strafe
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post by strafe »

neurosphere wrote: ↑Wed Mar x, 2021 8:56 pm

inverter wrote: ↑Midweek Mar 10, 2021 8:51 pm Your account is probable blocked/locked out on Schwab.com, which is just a problem yous would feel. In that location are a number of legitimate reasons why they would practise that.

What'southward not clear is whether the OP tin can't GET to schwab or gets to schwab and the mistake message is Afterward trying their credentials. I suspect the latter, and it'south something to analyze.

I concur that a locked account could account for that message.

The message is presented afterward entering login credentials.

User avatar

anon_investor
Posts: 11131
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Postal service by anon_investor »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar ten, 2021 8:48 pm

MishkaWorries wrote: ↑Wed Mar x, 2021 eight:00 pm I haven't had whatsoever problems logging onto Schwab all week. Maybe clear your cookies and restart your reckoner.

10 infinitesimal hold time is excessive? I noticed this week they've taken down the imprint saying hold times are longer than expected. It seems Schwab has addressed the issue of long hold times for CSR.

Aye, 10min agree is excessive. I am not retired.

If you retrieve a 10 min concur is excessive, you probably exercise not phone call customer service whatever where very often. Since Covid, hold times anywhere have been much much longer. Few brokerages will offering shorter wait times, and if they do, you are likely paying an AUM or have a very large account with a dedicated rep.

Every bit some other poster mentioned, your account is probably locked and you demand to talk to someone on the phone.

Terminal edited past anon_investor on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:04 pm, edited ane time in total.

User avatar

neurosphere
Posts: 4602
Joined: Lord's day Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Postal service by neurosphere »

strafe wrote: ↑Midweek Mar 10, 2021 8:59 pm

neurosphere wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 eight:56 pm

inverter wrote: ↑Midweek Mar x, 2021 8:51 pm Your account is probable blocked/locked out on Schwab.com, which is just a problem yous would experience. There are a number of legitimate reasons why they would exercise that.

What'southward not clear is whether the OP can't GET to schwab or gets to schwab and the mistake message is Later trying their credentials. I suspect the latter, and it's something to clarify.

I agree that a locked account could business relationship for that message.

The bulletin is presented after inbound login credentials.

Ok, so the website is working for you and others. Merely at the signal of trying to access your account YOU get an error message and others don't. I'll bet the generic "temporarily unavailable" message is to forestall others who may have your credentials from seeing a message similar "your account is locked call us to unlock it" or "we detected fraud" or whatever.

If y'all have to ask "Is a Target Engagement fund right for me?", the answer is "Yes" (fifty-fifty in taxable accounts).

gonefishing01
Posts: 341
Joined: Midweek Aug 19, 2015 nine:09 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Postal service by gonefishing01 »

Oregano wrote: ↑Wed Mar x, 2021 viii:55 pm I am logged into and active on Schwab.com all day, every 24-hour interval during market hours. Haven't had any problems at all.

Aforementioned. Website and Mobile App have been reliable all day everyday for me.

You should call your local branch rep. They can expedite to get to the lesser of it and you lot won't accept to wait effectually on hold for back up.

Seasonal
Posts: 3031
Joined: Sunday May 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by Seasonal »

Unfortunately, many web sites say "temporarily unavailable" when an account is locked or there is another issue with the account.

Unfortunately, 10 minutes wait time is all too normal these days. There are many major institutions that are substantially worse.

bradinsky
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 half dozen:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail past bradinsky »

I log on daily to check our accounts. I've never had any problems doing so. Also, on Monday, three/8, I called client service at Schwab & had a rep in near 3 minutes. OP, you really might want to look at the set on your stop.

Brad

MishkaWorries
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by MishkaWorries »

philpill wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:35 pm i constantly use schwab.com and for weeks find no trouble . It is you or your estimator. try unlike bowser. we tin can't all be in mistake.

It sounds like OPs business relationship has been locked.

He'due south likewise decorated to expect 10 minutes for a rep to come on the line and tell him if his account has been locked considering someone has illegally accessed his account or attempted to access his account. We all accept different priorities.

We plan. G-d laughs.

Whirlwind
Posts: 314
Joined: Sunday Jan 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by Whirlwind »

I had a similar trouble with Schwab one time. My user proper noun was something like "JohnS". (Of course that is not my real username - I was using my first proper noun and the first initial of my last proper noun.) No matter what I tried, I could non get in. When I finally called them, they said I was getting locked out for using the wrong password. I knew I was using my countersign. After getting transferred to someone else, she speculated that another John had opened an business relationship with Schwab, thought he used "JohnS" as his user name, merely actually used something similar but different. 3 times a day he would try to log into the "JohnS" business relationship, then we both got locked out because he had a different password. She suggested changing to a different user proper name. I had her add the start initial of my middle name, and so my user proper noun was now "JohnQS". I never had a problem subsequently that.

Nobody needs to tell me that my user name is also easy to guess.

User avatar

anon_investor
Posts: 11131
Joined: Monday Jun 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by anon_investor »

MishkaWorries wrote: ↑Wed Mar x, 2021 9:44 pm

philpill wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 ix:35 pm i constantly use schwab.com and for weeks find no trouble . It is you or your estimator. endeavour dissimilar bowser. nosotros can't all exist in fault.

It sounds similar OPs business relationship has been locked.

He'south too decorated to wait 10 minutes for a rep to come on the line and tell him if his account has been locked because someone has illegally accessed his business relationship or attempted to admission his account. We all take dissimilar priorities.

I would be worried my account was drained...

cumulus
Posts: 10
Joined: Saturday Jun xiii, 2020 half dozen:50 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by cumulus »

I receive this error message too, merely only as a popup after I open the mobile app after forgetting that I had turned off cellular data for the app and I'k non on WiFi. (So I become the message because the app can't connect to a network).

Is it a new account? Have you ever successfully logged in?

User avatar

Nate79
Posts: 8178
Joined: Thu Aug xi, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: Poor feel with Schwab

Post by Nate79 »

Cyclone wrote: ↑Wednesday Mar x, 2021 9:45 pm I had a similar trouble with Schwab in one case. My user name was something similar "JohnS". (Of form that is non my real username - I was using my showtime name and the kickoff initial of my last name.) No matter what I tried, I could not arrive. When I finally chosen them, they said I was getting locked out for using the wrong password. I knew I was using my countersign. After getting transferred to someone else, she speculated that some other John had opened an account with Schwab, thought he used "JohnS" as his user name, only actually used something similar only different. Three times a day he would effort to log into the "JohnS" account, then nosotros both got locked out because he had a unlike countersign. She suggested changing to a different user name. I had her add the first initial of my heart name, then my user proper noun was at present "JohnQS". I never had a problem afterwards that.

Nobody needs to tell me that my user proper name is too easy to guess.

I had this same matter happen to me a few years agone. Same recommendation, change user proper name and password and no more issues.

SrGrumpy
Posts: 1477
Joined: Midweek Aug 05, 2015 three:21 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by SrGrumpy »

Pitiful nigh the difficulties, and I tend to agree that businesses have been a fleck lax about getting their phone back up upwardly to speed. Still, a x-minute wait isn't exactly torture, especially if y'all can multi-task. Why don't you grasp the nettle on Thursday, and let u.s. know what happened. Hopefully you lot can spend the weekend surfing the Schwab research pages to your heart's delight.

User avatar

unclescrooge
Posts: 5936
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Post by unclescrooge »

MishkaWorries wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:44 pm

philpill wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:35 pm i constantly utilize schwab.com and for weeks discover no trouble . It is you lot or your estimator. effort different bowser. we tin't all be in error.

It sounds like OPs account has been locked.

He'southward too busy to await 10 minutes for a rep to come on the line and tell him if his account has been locked because someone has illegally accessed his account or attempted to access his account. We all have unlike priorities.

Or maybe he's fraudulently trying to access someone else'due south account? :twisted:

typical.investor
Posts: 3173
Joined: Monday Jun 11, 2018 3:17 am

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail by typical.investor »

strafe wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:59 pm

neurosphere wrote: ↑Wed Mar 10, 2021 eight:56 pm

inverter wrote: ↑Wednesday Mar ten, 2021 8:51 pm Your account is likely blocked/locked out on Schwab.com, which is just a problem you would feel. There are a number of legitimate reasons why they would practice that.

What's not articulate is whether the OP tin can't GET to schwab or gets to schwab and the mistake bulletin is AFTER trying their credentials. I suspect the latter, and it's something to clarify.

I agree that a locked account could account for that message.

The bulletin is presented after entering login credentials.

It could be your account is locked for security reasons.

I had that happen afterward using a debit bill of fare while traveling. Service was good though.

Perhaps someone has tried accessing your account.

Last edited by typical.investor on Thu Mar xi, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 fourth dimension in total.

sfnerd
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:16 am

Re: Poor experience with Schwab

Mail by sfnerd »

No bug here, and I log in via VPN, non-VPN, mobile app, web, etc.

All fine. Information technology'south probably your business relationship. Just telephone call them.

The other day my ATM card was fraudulently used online, and they disabled it as a preventative measure afterwards contacting me. I called them up, waited on hold for less than a minute, and they shipped me a new card to Thailand at no cost to me. Pretty great client service.

Over the years they've been pretty smashing. Nobody is perfect.